It has been a few months since our last communication so there a now a few things to bring you up to date on. Now as we move into Phase 2 and very nearly into Phase 3 we are able to do more things in person while some things still seem quite far off. A few weeks ago there was a phone conference that a few of us from staff and council were able to attend. It was hosted by Dr. Bonnie Henry and Premier Horgan and directed towards Faith Communities and what was now “allowed or recommended” for their worship and other ceremonies. Let me briefly mention a few items and also refer you to a one page document you can find online (or just ask the office for a copy) for more complete information. In Phase 2 we were:
One final comment
- Encouraged to increase the size of our “Home bubbles”. For us this means our Mini House Churches can be enlarged and we are encouraged to make them larger so the social interaction of our young and more isolated members can increase. Please do this if you are able.
- Encouraged to hold gatherings of 10 people (with the now so familiar social distancing etc protocols in place). In these gatherings there is no age or vulnerability restriction. If these can be held outside so much the better. So in order to make this more enjoyable and easier to plan, the church has secured the use of a large 20 x 40 tent that will be set up until late September. Bring your own chair and food then come and enjoy some fellowship, rain or shine. Remember the play ground is also now open for use. If you want to be assured of having this space – please book it through the office. We are hoping some weekly “coffee” times will be set up. Don’t wait for someone else to organize this – you go ahead and take the initiative.
- Granted permission to hold meeting with up to 50 people in either the All Purpose Hall or the Tent. However, there would be some restrictions, that is, no one who is considered “vulnerable” (this group includes anyone over 65) and children not able to remain “socially distanced”. Finally there is to be no food served and (surprisingly) No Singing! It made us realize that this option likely has little value for MRCRC.
related to this COVID time as we look to the fall and what ministry might look like then.
According to Dr. Bonnie, very little will likely change in regards to how we “normally” meet until we get to Phase 4.
Therefore , as ministries look to the fall we would ask each of you to see what types of activities your children, your elders, and your Mini House churches have begun to do that are a blessing, enjoyable and could be enhanced and leveraged for the various ministries we have come to enjoy and rely upon.
Please tell the staff, a ministry leader or council member of these treasures of blessing that you have discovered that might be enfolded into a ministry or become a part of some small group initiative.
We all need to hear about the real creative opportunities you are discovering.Just a few more items related to the ongoing “business” of the church.
- Nominations: We need to fill 4 positions on Council as 1 Elder (Brian Hansma) and 3 Deacons (Maria Kovacs, Sylvia VanderKuip and Robin De Haan) will be retiring.We do thank these members for their dedicated service. But now we need some people to step forward.Please look at yourself and your friends and acquaintances and nominate someone to one of these positions.
- Membership: The Council is continuing its work to streamline and clarify the membership process of our congregation. We hope to bring a proposal to the congregation at our next Congregational meeting (that could very well be an “Open House Meeting in the tent) this fall.
As always if you have a question, a compliment or a concern, feel free to contact the staff or any Council member.
And as always, please pray for each other so we can experience God’s blessing, even now.